Friday, May 14, 2010

WOW!!

OK...now I know I promised a less wordy post...but I can't...not yet...we got the most outstanding and fabulous news from our Specialist today.

She explicitly told us not to get our hopes up.
But....
OUR
HOPES
ARE
UP!!

WAY UP HIGH IN THE SKY
(and please don't anyone make us bring them down just yet)

Leo was born in Busan...and due to the circumstances of Leo needing to be placed with a Catholic family we know which Mother's Home Leo's birthmother stayed at. At yesterday's Travel Orientation we talked to our Specialist about possibly traveling to Busan to see the part of the country where Leo was born. We asked if it was possible to visit the Mother's Home and/or the hospital he was born at, if that could be disclosed. Our Specialist said she would look into it for us.

And, look into it she did.
We got an email message from her this morning....and all we can say (without hopes too high) is WOW!!

The following is possible:
  • visit the hospital where Leo was born
  • view the ACTUAL room where Leo was delivered
  • talk with the nuns who helped Leo's birthmother and Leo
  • tour the mother's home where Leo's birthmother stayed
This is just so incredible. Just HUGE.
Those tears of pride and joy for Leo are swelling and overflowing today.

We are to lay low with these amazing possibilities until August when we will discuss them with our Specialist again and make any possible arrangements. I can do that. I really can. But...that obsession bandwagon I talked about in my last post...I think I see a seat on it...and, if you don't mind, I am going to take it and sit down. I would really like bring my boy home now.

Until next time...can you believe this?!

8 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

what an amazing opportunity!!! My hopes are up for you!
By the way, matthew was with ESWS, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We stayed at the guesthouse!

Kris said...

So. incredibly. awesome! This is great news and what a special opportunity that would be to see the room where your son was born. Wow.

Go ahead and jump on that bandwagon. We're here to follow along!

The Melvilles said...

Wow is right! This is such an incredible journey :)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Amazing!!! Wow.

I don't blame you at all for wanting to jump on that bandwagon... I'd be doing the same. exact. thing.

kelly said...

That would be so incredibly neat!

Rebecca said...

So exciting! As Kris said, hold some seats on that bandwagon for all of us. We'll ride with you!!

emily said...

whoa...
SO happy for you, sue!!!

(and, rubin was born in busan, too!!)

Three Northern Stars said...

Wow, that is amazing!!!