As this amazing October comes to an end, I'm realizing that summer really is over and winter will be quickly approaching (moan!). It has been an absolute blessing to have had this month off of work...the weather has been perfect for taking family walks, playing at the new neighborhood park, going to the zoo, playing any-and-every-sport-imaginable with Drew, taking tractor rides and picking out pumpkins...and just being outside before we all end up hibernating through the long winter months.
Unfortunately, all the outside play has left me a bit "stressy" about all the things inside that aren't getting done...cleaning remains uncrossed off any To Do list written; laundry seems to only happen when absolutely necessary; there's emails and letters that need to be written without a toddler or pre-schooler present in order for them to be coherent and not messed up with crayon or pen marks or random letters & punctuation typed throughout; pictures remain on the camera and not uploaded to the computer; and blog posts remain in my head and not written and shared like I really want them to be.
But...I have all winter for those sorts of things, right? For now...I just wish for things to remain "summer-like" where I can be completely care-free and enjoy all three of my handsome boys. Thank you October 2010 for allowing me to do just that!
 |
| leo is such a good helper |
 |
| leo was just too excited for the water to get his swim suit on |
 |
| drew showing leo how to get a drink |
 |
| leo totally mastered the technique |
 |
| watch out leo...here comes drew! |
 |
| my boys...in MN...in OCTOBER! |
Until next time...make the most of the extra time you find you have!
5 comments:
In case you are ever writing a note to me, and it happens to get some extra crayon love marks from your two boys, I would just like to say that I wouldn't mind their addition to the note at all!
What a great October you've had!
Summery/autumnal fun is the BEST. Let the house be dirty and emails unwritten - seize the special moments!
I had October off LAST YEAR when Little D came home...and I'll tell you THIS OCTOBER rocks compared to last year when it was cold, rainy, and we even had SNOW! I love that you've been out & enjoying things while you can. GREAT pics. LOVE what a good helper you have (watering things).
You are in MN? Me too. Email me: myseoulsearching@gmail.com
I love pictures of babies in their diapers. The pictures are so cute. And yes the indoor things can wait :)
Okay, Leo in his diaper is totally adorable! I know what you mean about inside things not getting done. We've been spending a lot of time outdoors too. You're right though, we'll have all winter to get things done. Glad you are having fun with your boys!
Post a Comment