Saturday, November 13, 2010

winter day

They weren't kidding...winter has arrived!!




First thing Drew did this morning was look outside to see if it really did snow...and sure enough there was plenty of snow out there to play in!  Breakfast was eaten in record time.  And, by 9:00am the boys were ready to play outside.  It only took about 30 minutes to find and put on all the snow pants, winter jackets, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and scarves.  And before we knew it we were outside in the heavy wet snow...pure heaven for my two boys!!

If this was the first time Leo saw snow, it did not phase him one bit.  He dived right in and had no trouble walking or laying in it.  He even begged and screamed to help shovel - which is kinda tricky to do with little mittens on...so off came the mittens!!!

It is a real blizzard out there (and still is & expected to be until Sunday morning - 10+ total inches expected)...so we didn't spend too much time out there.  But, I see a lot of time outside tomorrow building a whole family of snowmen and sledding down the hill.

Until next time...get outside and enjoy the weather where ever you are (or stay inside and enjoy some cookies & hot cocoa like we are)!!

11 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my....It is so weird to think that other people are having blizzards when it's still 60 degrees and rainy here. My boys would be in snow-heaven! Your kids are so cute all bundled up in their snow gear:)

Unknown said...

70 degrees here in Kentucky. We're going to go take a walk in a few minutes.

everythingismeowsome said...

I just got cold looking at your pictures even though it is in the 70s here today! Enjoy the snow....and the hot cocoa!

Beth said...

NO WAY! I was thinking of you as I looked at the U.S. weather map this morning and was wondering if you could possibly get the predicted amount of snow after record warmth this week. The meteorologists were right and it looks like the boys are delighting in their accuracy! I love having shorts and mittens and the same laundry basket.

BTW: Regarding your bad day this week, it must have been something in the air because things were certainly off-kilter around here and resulted in two of us lying on the carpet crying for a good solid hour. This was only appropriate behavior for one of us (the 16 month old, not the 36 year old...)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Wow, that is some serious snow! Can't say that I'm jealous though :) Glad you're enjoying it!

Christy said...

Wow! It seems so early for that much snow. Though I know growing up we had it. Enjoy! Glad Leo isn't phased. ;)

Kris said...

Holy cow!! That's a LOT of snow! I'm so not ready for that kind of weather. Looks like your boys had fun in it!

Michelle said...

WHOA!! That is some winter weather! Hard to believe as I'm in my flip flops and a tank enjoying a current temp of 80 degrees here in San Diego! Hot cocoa and cookies sounds fab! Enjoy!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Wow. WOW!!! I'm soooo not ready for that. I think I'll live vicariously through you four... okay?!

kelly said...

Wow! Your boys are having a blast! So cute. I also wonder whether Max had much snow experience in Korea? Apparently it snows a lot in Seoul so I'm assuming yes but it will still be fun to see his reaction to it here.

Janet said...

YAY for more boys having fun in the snow! Looks a lot like our house...but only 1 boy...with a giant perma-grin on his face. Isn't it amazing how long it takes to get them bundled and out the door? I was sweating before we even left the house.