I am not quite sure where the last year has gone. It seems like a big hazy, foggy, dream…or maybe more aptly, a stand-still. Obviously, that is from my perspective because if you’d ask Drew and Leo, they’d probably tell you they’ve done a lot in the past year. They’ve made new friends, grown out of clothes, traveled to both new and familiar places, and soaked in more knowledge and skills than I ever thought possible. But nevertheless, it’s been a year since I’ve documented any of that. Thankfully, there is reason a reason to post again…today, Leo reached the half-way point to four.
How "three and a half" is here already is very hard for us to believe. But, it must be true since we were recently requested to schedule Leo for his kindergarten screening. That sure was a wake-up call! Despite my big hazy, foggy, going-through-the-motions year…life has been forging ahead. Full steam. And, suddenly, I don't want to forgot a moment of it all.
Today we celebrate Leo.
To know Leo is to love Leo. He is smart and sensitive. He is determined and imaginative. He is independent and curious. He is caring and daring. He thrives with music and art. He is anything but hazy or foggy. He is bright and shiny and beautiful. We love him more and more each day.
As Leo heads towards four, there are a few things about “Leo-At-Three” that I never what to forget:
That a mohawk is a “ho-mawk”.
That a marshmallow is a “smashmallow”.
That “show you somethin’” is a phrase he never gets tired of saying.
That he can draw the most awesome catfish; and is proud of each and every one of them.
That not a day goes by that his coloring and puzzle-putting-together abilities do not amaze me.
That he insists on changing his clothes (all by himself) upon entering the house – into sports shorts and a jersey and self-declaring himself a “new player”.
That he has the most sincere and enthusiastic way of saying “that’s great!”.
That his love for all things outer space has not diminished.
That he has built himself a fort of sorts behind a chair in the family room (and has stashed the essentials…paper and colored pencils…in it).
That he is an eager helper.
That he tries so hard to keep up with his brother.
That he is a natural in the water...swimming and floating unassisted.
That he has mastered the voice and motions of the robot that Eddy built in Pororo and Friends.
That his life as a three year old would not have been complete without the music of the Okee Dokee Brothers (may they win a Grammy Sunday night! for their album Can You Canoe? - it truly is excellent), Adele, Michael Buble (it's still Christmastime - "the best time of the year" - in our car), and of course, Psy.
Here's to the next six months...I can only imagine all the wonderful things that Leo will discover and accomplish by then!
Happy Half Way to Four, Leo!! You are one amazing kid.
2 comments:
I seriously love each and every tidbit... but man, oh man... THE PHOTOS!!! These photos are so amazing! I feel like I haven't seen Leo in ages. He's so hip and cool and handsome and adorable. Gaugh! I cannot wait to meet him.
What a wonderful surprise! Happy halfway to four Captain America :)
Post a Comment