We went to the store with dark brown/espresso top on the list and white right down at the bottom (red was a good guess too, I had forgotten about the cool red crib from when we were looking for "Special K"). But, both Damon and I really liked the style of the crib we ended up with PLUS, as a special deal, it came with a free matching changing table! [not that we need a new changing table, we already have one...just not a matching one...if you know someone that needs a changing table, send them my way] The style came in both a nice dark brown and white. We asked Drew which color he thought his baby brother or baby sister would like. He picked white. I pondered this decision while perusing the bedding section of the store. As soon as I saw this one particular striped knit blanket, I was sold on the white crib. Funny how one little blanket and the wisdom of a little dude could instantly help me mentally picture a wonderful new bedroom for K2.
Not that Drew didn't have a fine nursery to come home to after he was born, he did. But, due to the fact that we moved into our house less than three months before Drew was born, the walls in his were still all builders-beige and looked like the rest of the house. If there is one thing I am super anxious to do during this waiting period, it's to make sure K2 has a painted and decorated room. Which room that will be is still TBD. But whether it's the current guest bedroom (aka, "the cold room") or Drew's current room, the white crib and striped blanket are going to look awesome. And even more so when K2 is snuggled up in that blanket sleeping in that cool white crib. I can't wait!
Until next time...stay warm & stay healthy
1 comment:
Hey ... what color is the changing table? My sister-in-law / brother are expecting in March and don't have one yet. Their crib & dresser are espresso. If it matches let me know what you are wanting for it and I will mention to her.
xo
Post a Comment