In Drew’s room…on his book shelf…sits a red box. On the top of this special red box is a picture of Leo. This red box collects nightly notes from Drew to his little brother. Every night – without fail – Drew remembers that he needs to write a note to Leo (and let me tell you, he will remind us if we forget!). So far, the notes are namely about all the things Drew wants to do with his brother:
“I want to go to a hockey game with you Leo.”
“I want to go to the bookstore with you Leo.”
"I want to play everything with you Leo."
Each note is personally signed by Drew. And, as the days go on, Drew has been insisting on writing more and more of the note himself. Especially Leo’s name and the date. There are currently 16 notes in the red box. And, without any clue as to when we will travel to Seoul to bring Leo home, we have absolutely no idea how many notes are going to end up being placed into this red box. Somehow, I don’t think Drew is going to get sick of this daily activity. He is just too happy, excited, and proud to finally have a little brother.
I am not sure if this is Drew’s red box. Or if this is Leo’s red box. Maybe it’s simply the Brother Box – a red box that is going to collect their countless thoughts and memories over the years.
If so, nothing could make me more happy, excited or proud!

4 comments:
What a great idea and a SWEET brother!!!!
This is a great idea!
And whenever you ask yourself, am I a good mother? Am I making the right choice? I want you to go look at that red box. I firmly believe, as much as Oprah, that "Love is in the details" and my darling-there is so MUCH love in you!
Drew is going to be such a wonderful big brother!! He and Leo are lucky to have you guys as parents!!
Post a Comment