Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seoul Time

Greetings from Seoul (finally)!!
We made it!!
Aside from the inevitable length of the journey to get here, our travels went fairly well.  We benefited twice from bringing Drew - straight to front of the security line in San Fransisco and straight to the front of the line to board the big beautiful blue Korean Air plane.  It was difficult to get comfortable on the plane and Drew refused to sleep until the end of the flight - of course.  But, I suppose it could have been much worse.  (though, in my head i have absolutely no idea how we are going to make this journey back in three seats with four people).

We would all still be sleeping if Drew had not gotten up around midnight...that only gave us about 3 hours of sleep.  Drew's whining and inability to sleep has me going bonkers - namely because I have no clue how we are going to manage our extremely busy day today of meeting Leo at 9am and then traveling to and from Busan all in one day.  Sounds completely lunatic to me right now.  Guess we will see just how tough the Krekelbergs are today! (to Drew's defense, he is very excited to meet his brother and i know that's what is keeping him awake - and i cannot fault him for that!)

We love our hotel.  It seems to be in a great part of the city and will be a very comfortable place to retreat.  The suite we have is incredible...two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen...and we even have a huge balcony overlooking the city from the 21st floor.  Drew heard about the pool at check-in, so Damon took him for a little dip in the kiddie wading pool before hitting the sack.  My running shoes will no doubt be hitting the treadmills in the days to come.

I have all the gifts wrapped.  Thank you notes ready to go.  We just need breakfast and a taxi and it will be time to finally meet our son.  In about five hours....all waiting we've endured over the past year will vanish...we will finally be with our little Leo.  And then straight to Seoul Station to journey to Busan to see where his story all began.

Due to this schedule...as much as we want to share our first meeting with Leo...we will not be able to get any updates out until we are back from Busan (after 10pm Seoul time).  Thanks for your patience!!!

Until next time...lots of love from the Krekelbergs!! (i'm going to take a nap - hopefully!)

7 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

have a great day! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Kris said...

It's so good to hear that you made it safe and sound. I hope sleep gets easier for Drew while you are there, he sounds like a trooper though!

Wishing you all the best for your meeting with Leo!! I understand not being able to post right away, but I'm ready to read when it happens - I'm so excited!

kelly said...

Welcome to Seoul! Sorry you've had such little sleep. You'll be revived by meeting your son I'm sure! Good luck today.... we can't wait to hear how it all goes :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Very exciting to know you're there! I can understand why sleep was tough to come by.
And I hate to tell you, but 4 people and 3 seats on the trip home is NOT fun, but it's do-able :)

Rebecca said...

I am so excited to see this latest post -- you are amazing that with everything going on, you already have this out there. Have a great time in Busan. While we are all excited to see your next post, we will definitely be patient and know they'll be slow to come. They'll be new to us, regardless of when they are posted. Now I can go to bed... just had to check in and see how the K's are doing in Seoul. Sweet dreams to you all when it's your bedtime too! Love, Becca

... said...

Wow! So excited for you, I hope all goes well with your first meeting with your son and your trip to Busan, etc. Congratulations!

emily said...

i am so excited for you... i have a big lump in my throat. meeting leo, traveling to busan to see where his story (and rubin's, too!) began... i just can't wait to see your boy in your arms and read all about your first days together.